- When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it.
- I live for myself and I answer to nobody.
- I don't know why it (stardom) happened--but it's kinda nice. Maybe it's because I'm someone off the streets. Maybe people relate to me.
- I worked hard, and if you work hard you get the goodies.
- If I hadn't made it as an actor, I might have wound up a hood.
- I don't believe in that phony hero stuff.
- I'm out of the Midwest. It was a good place to come from. It gives you a sense of right or wrong and fairness, which is lacking in our society.
- Acting's a good racket. And lets face it, you can't beat it for the bread.
- I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.
I'll be walking down the street and some guy spots me and flips out. You can see it happen. He goes temporarily crazy just from looking at me. I know what's going through his head: He's got to make his move. He's got to do it because there's a movie star right in front of him and it may be the only chance in his whole life. After a while, they all turn out to be the same person: some guy flipping out, trying to get to you, trying to eat you, man, because he just can't let you get away!
Life is a scam.